Calcium, Teenagers & Kids

.

Well, for sure you know that Calcium is the mineral in your body that makes up your bones and keeps them strong.

But did you know that 99% of the calcium in your body is stored in your bones and teeth? The remaining 1% is in your blood and soft tissues and is essential for life and health.

Since getting enough calcium is important at every stage of your life, bookmark this page for future reference, tell your friends about us and please give us your feedback and you will receive a FREE gift right away.

But how much do you know about this mighty mineral? Did you now that your body's 206 living bones continually undergo a buildup and breakdown process called remodeling?

The body starts to form most of its bone mass before puberty, the beginning of sexual development, building 75% to 85% of the skeleton during adolescence. Women reach their peak bone mass by around age 25 to 30, while men build bone until about age 30 to 35.

From the time you're 11 until you're 24, you need about 1,200 milligrams (mg) of calcium each day. Adolescent bodies are tailor-made to "bone up" on calcium.

But girls don't get enough of it. In fact, between the ages of 11 and 24, they are only getting 777 mg of Calcium daily, and that's a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

The human body functions synergistically: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Every mineral has a crucial role to play in human anatomy.

For every mineral there are several other minerals that must be present in the proper amount and, in turn, those minerals must have other minerals present... or the mineral will not do the job required by the human body.

Vitamin D is needed to move calcium from the intestine to the bloodstream and into bone. You can get Vitamin D from short, normal day-to-day exposure to sun and from foods fortified with this vitamin.

Also needed are Vitamin A, Vitamin C or a form of Vitamin C called Ester-C, Magnesium, as well as Protein for the growing bone scaffold. We recommend a product called The Greatest Vitamin In The World.

Calcium, Teenagers & Kids